1. Check business name is available https://help.register.business.gov.au/
2. Check no trademarks registered https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/quick
3. Check your business name web address is available https://crazydomains.com
If you’re all clear, go back and register the business and get an ABN, Trademark the business name, register the web address domain name.
* You are going to need an ABN to register a com.au domain name
* Registering a business name doesn’t mean you own it. It just publicly indicates that the business name is in use.
* To prevent someone taking your name you need to register a trademark for you business name. This costs about $660 for 2 classes using HeadStart services. Your trademark lasts 10 years.
If someone is using your business name and you have trademarked it, then this would be considered an infringement.