I’ll show you how you can move a domain from GoDaddy to another host, like Namecheap. After this video, your domain will be fully transferred to another host and you don’t need to renew your domain at GoDaddy anymore.
Get your domain from NameCheap: namecheap.pxf.io/rorrB
My website recommendations: https://punchsalad.com/recommendations?utm_campaign=moveDomainFromGD&utm_medium=social&utm_source=youtube
PayPal tip jar: https://www.paypal.me/punchsalad
Before starting the transfer, make sure that below applies to you:
– The domain is more than 60 days old.
– The domain was not transferred between registrars within the last 60 days.
– The domain is “Unlocked” for transfer (“Registrar Lock” is disabled).
How To Transfer or Move A Domain Name To A New Host, Owner, Person, Or Account?
If you want to transfer a domain to a different registrar the follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your domain is not locked and that privacy protection is disabled in the GoDaddy domain dashboard.
2. Wait until you receive the “domain unlock successful” email.
3. Get the domain authorization code from GoDaddy.
4. Go to the other host (or domain registrar) and request a transfer and pay for domain transfer.
5. Accept the domain transfer.
6. Wait until you receive an email from NameCheap that the domain transfer complete. Then you can control the domain from NameCheap.
Music used in this video:
Big Mojo – Vadodara by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)